Friday, March 14, 2008

Lets all go back to horses..

I bet Silver never had any alternator trouble..
Cars.
Like seriously, arent they a pain in the ass?
First,
the stabiliser bar breaks in the front end of my car, which produces a really loud knocking every time i go over a bump and it sounds as though my wheel is going to fall off. So after freaking out thinking my whole front end suspension has shit itself, scott has a quick look at it and decides its the ball joint. So we buy another one ($24 at Autobarn) spend two hours in 38c heat replacing the old one (which i must say did look a little worse for wear) with the new, only to take it around the block and find the noise still present.
Next day while scotts at work, i go visit a mate for coffee, who says "ill take a look at it" and diagnoses the problem to be the stabiliser bar.
So i ring my mechanic and get a quote, book the car in and $125 later, stabiliser bar isnt a problem, BUT after jacking the car up my mechanic takes a general look and finds the seals in the front shockers are stuffed and theyre leaking! which gives me the shits because we bought brand new Monroe Gas in December for $200 and changed them already. My mechanic says
"Theyre Monroe, I'm not surprised"
which floors me because i thought Monroe were supposed to be really good. Apparantly theres another brand KYB which are better and cheaper.
So now im up for another $200 odd for new shockers when Monroe are meant to be warrantied for 2 years, but other than have my car off the road for as long as it takes to "remove the faulty shockers from my vehicle, take them into Autobarn where i bought them, fill out a form which then gets sent off to Monroe, Monroe then decide whether to approve a replacement part and if im sucessful, send out the replacement part to Autobarn for me to then pick up" thats all the choice i have. Isnt it crap.
Meanwhile Scott ran up the ass of a Lanos by accident on his way home from work the other day, so now we have to straighten out the front end of the telstar and hope we dont get an insurance company letter in the mail.
Fingers crossed x

No comments: